Here's a fantastic vegetarian soup recipe that is full of flavour, colour and fresh vegetables.
- 125 grams rice noodles
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 eggplants, diced
- 2-3 tablespoons tom yum paste
- 3 cups water
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 1/3 cup coconut milk
- 4 bok choy, coarsely chopped
- 400 grams tofu, diced
- 2 tablespoons lemon or lime juice
- 2 cups bean sprouts
- 3 spring onions, sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh coriander (optional)
- Cook rice noodles in a pot of boiling water for 5-8 minutes or until tender, then drain and run under cold water.
- Heat oil in a large pot. Add eggplant and stir for 5 minutes.
- Add tom yum paste, water, stock and coconut milk. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer covered for 10 minutes or until eggplant has softened.
- Stir bok choy and tofu into soup and bring back to a simmer.
- Remove from heat and stir lemon or lime juice into soup.
- Divide noodles among serving bowls.
- Ladle soup over noodles and sprinkle with bean sprouts, spring onion and coriander.