You can use any vegetable or a combination of vegetables to make this baby food.
- Fresh vegetables (choose 1 or 2 different veges)
- Breast milk or formula
Some good combinations include:
- Potato and pumpkin
- Kūmara and carrot
- Carrot and parsnip
- Carrot and pumpkin
- Potato and carrot
- Cauliflower and potato
- Kūmara and broccoli.
- Peel and chop the vegetables.
- Add vegetables to a pot of boiling water, or place in a steamer, or microwave.
- Cook until soft.
- Strain off the water.
- Mash with a potato masher. Or purée in a food processor or blender until smooth.
- Stir through enough breast milk or formula to make a smooth purée.
- Freeze leftover cooled purée in ice cube trays.
If puréed until very smooth, this recipe can be fed to a baby when starting solid foods at around 6 months.