This curry makes a quick weekday meal. Leftovers taste great the next day.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 1/2 pumpkin, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 cup of vegetables, chopped e.g. cauliflower, broccoli, frozen peas or beans
- 1 can chickpeas or lentils, drained
- 1 can lite coconut milk
- 1 cup vegetable stock or water
- Heat oil in a large frying pan. Add onion, garlic and curry paste. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes, stirring often.
- Add coconut milk, stock (or water), pumpkin, carrot, vegetables and chickpeas or lentils.
- Simmer for 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Serve with rice.
You can buy vegetable stock powder at supermarkets. Mix 1 tsp into 1 cup of warm water to make 1 cup of vegetable stock.
If the curry is too thick for your liking, add a little water.
Use any mixture of vegetables you have on hand such as corn kernels (frozen, canned or fresh), kumara, capsicum or parsnip.