A tasty, fast Chinese favourite. This home-made version takes only 25 minutes - just as fast as going to the take-away store!
- 1/2 tablespoon oil
- 350 grams lean pork, cut into thin strips
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 green capsicum, chopped
- 1 carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 stalk celery, sliced
- 1/2 cup frozen green beans
- 1 can pineapple pieces in juice (440 grams)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons crushed ginger
- 1 tablespoon low-salt soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 1/4 cup water
- Heat oil in non-stick fry pan. Add pork and stir fry until browned.
- Add onion, capsicum, carrot, celery and beans. Stir fry for around 5 minutes.
- Drain pineapple, but save 1/2 cup of the juice.
- Add pineapple juice, vinegar, tomato sauce, brown sugar, ginger and soy sauce to pan. Stir.
- Cover pan with lid and simmer for around 5 minutes (until vegetables are tender).
- In a cup, mix cornflour with water, then stir into pan.
- Add pineapple pieces. Bring to the boil then remove from heat.
- Serve with rice.