A healthier twist on a popular takeaway meal, this quick and easy stir-fry is sure to be a hit with everyone at your place!
- 1 can pineapple pieces in juice (440 gram can), drained, juice reserved
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 2 tablespoons low-salt soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon crushed ginger
- 500 grams chicken breast, sliced thinly
- 3 cups vegetables, sliced evenly
- For the sauce: whisk the pineapple juice and cornflour in a small bowl until there are no lumps. Add the soy sauce and vinegar and stir. Set the sauce aside.
- Heat oil over a medium heat in a frying pan. Add garlic and ginger and stir-fry for one minute.
- Add chicken and stir-fry for five minutes, stirring continuously until the chicken is starting to brown.
- Add vegetables a little at a time. Start with the denser vegetables that will take longer to cook (such as carrot and cauliflower).
- Stir through the sauce and pineapple pieces. Bring to the boil and simmer for ten minutes.
- Serve with rice.
Choose vegetables when they are season, they will be cheaper and fresher. If you don’t have fresh vegetables on hand, a bag of frozen stir-fry vegetables works well in this recipe.