Kamo kamo stuffed with mushrooms and capsicums, baked in the oven with a crispy cheese topping.
- 1 kamo kamo
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 cup mushrooms, finely diced
- 1/2 red capsicum, diced
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/2 cup cooked rice
- 1 tomato, diced or 1/2 can chopped tomatoes
- 1/4 cup cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Cut kamo kamo in half lengthways. Scoop out the insides leaving a hollowed out centre.
- Heat oil and cook the onion in a non-stick frying pan until soft.
- Add garlic, chopped mushrooms, capsicum and tomato paste and continue to cook until soft.
- Remove from heat and add cooked rice, tomato and cheese.
- Fill each half of the kamo kamo with the vegetable and rice mix.
- Sprinkle with breadcrumbs.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until the topping is golden and crispy.