Slow chicken = fast dinner! Set the slow cooker or crockpot in the morning and when you get home, your chicken will be moist, tender and ready to enjoy!
- 1 chicken, defrosted
- 1 tablespoon low-salt soy sauce or sweet chilli sauce
- Put a whole defrosted chicken breast-side down in your slow cooker or crockpot.
- Pour over soy sauce or sweet chilli sauce and gently rub in – this adds flavour and colour.
- Put the slow cooker on LOW for 6 to 8 hours. The make of your slow cooker and the size of the chicken will change the cooking time, so check the chicken is thoroughly cooked before serving. The chicken is cooked when the juices run clear. Run a knife along the breast bone to check that no pinkness remains.
- Serve with veggies or salad and a baked potato.
- For more flavour, try adding 2 or 3 cloves of garlic (smashed but still whole) and a lemon (cut into quarters) inside the cavity of the chicken before cooking.
- Try sprinkling some dried mixed herbs, dried thyme, paprika, lemon pepper seasoning, or Moroccan seasoning on the outside of the chicken before cooking.