Easy, fast and affordable, this is likely to become a family favourite.
- 500 grams mince
- 2 cups grated kumara
- 1 can (400 grams) tomatoes, or 4 fresh tomatoes, chopped
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon stock powder
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 cups sliced silverbeet
- To serve: extra diced kumara, chopped parsley
- Brown mince in a large saucepan
- Add the kumara, tomatoes, onion, water and stock powder and cook for 10 minutes
- Add peas and silverbeet and cook for 5 minutes
- Serve with diced, boiled red and orange kumara and chopped parsley.