A light, quick and easy snack or meal. Don't like sardines? Try tuna or salmon.
- 1 bunch or bag spinach leaves
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 can sardines
- 4 slices toast
- Wash the spinach, break off and discard the bottom of the stalks.
- On a high heat, place the spinach in a saucepan with a lid and a little water until wilted (approximately 5 minutes).
- Remove from the heat, drain well and squeeze out as much water as possible.
- Once drained, roughly chop and season with salt and pepper.
- Drain the sardines and mash with the vinegar.
- Place the spinach, mashed sardines and tomatoes on toast. Sprinkle with more pepper (optional).