You can choose any vegetable or combination of vegetables you would usually roast to make this baby purée.
- Fresh vegetables
- 2 teaspoons oil
- Breast milk or formula
Some suggestions for vegetables to roast include:
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celcius.
- Peel and slice vegetables.
- Drizzle with oil.
- Place in an oven tray and bake for 30 to 40 minutes until soft.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool for five minutes.
- Mash with a potato masher. Or purée in a food processor or blender until smooth.
- Stir through enough breast milk or formula to make a smooth purée.
- Freeze leftover cooled purée in ice cube trays.
If puréed until very smooth, this recipe can be fed to a baby when starting solid foods at around 6 months.