This dish is great for a big family, fast affordable and filling. It goes a long way!
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 onions, peeled and diced
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- Ground pepper to taste
- 1/2 pumpkin, diced
- 3 cups water
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 1 stock cube
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup sliced beans (fresh or frozen)
- 2 cups sliced, cooked chicken
- Heat oil in a large pan, add onion and cook until clear.
- Add curry powder, pepper and mix well.
- Add water, coconut milk, stock cube and pumpkin. Bring to the boil, reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes, until pumpkin is soft.
- Add peas, beans and chicken. Stir gently for 5 minutes, until steaming hot.
Serve with cooked rice and fresh mint.
If you have trouble cutting pumpkin, try cooking it in the microwave for three minutes. This will soften it enough to easily remove the skin and make it much easier to chop up.