Potato salads are a great dish to take to a bbq or picnic. This salad is a different and tasty way to serve potatoes.
- 800 grams potatoes (about 6 medium potatoes)
- 3 spring onions, finely sliced or 1/2 red onion
- 1 ripe avocado
- 2 tablespoons low fat (lite) sour cream or natural yoghurt
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- Boil potatoes in a large saucepan until tender, then drain and leave to cool.
- To make the dressing, put the avocado, sour cream (or yoghurt), lemon juice and garlic in a bowl and mash together with a fork until smooth and well mixed.
- In a large serving bowl, add the potatoes, onions, avocado dressing and any of your other salad ingredients (eg, peas, chopped boiled eggs or gherkins) and gently mix together.
If the avocado dressing is too thick, stir in 2 teaspoons of milk.
This salad can be eaten warm. To do this, add the dressing while the potatoes are still hot and serve immediately.