Forget takeaways, this popcorn chicken is the perfect 'fakeaway'.
- 500 grams chicken thighs, skinless and boneless, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup flour
- 3 cups dried breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons dried herbs
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- Heat oven to 225°C.
- Marinate the chicken pieces with the milk and lemon juice for 30 minutes in refrigerator.
- Place eggs, flour and breadcrumbs in three separate bowls.
- Mix dried herbs, paprika and lemon zest into breadcrumbs.
- Coat a handful of chicken pieces in flour then shake off excess.
- Transfer to egg and coat thoroughly.
- Transfer to breadcrumbs and press pieces to stick the breadcrumbs all over.
- Place coated chicken pieces on a greased baking tray.
- Repeat for remaining chicken.
- Bake in oven for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through.
Add to salads, sandwiches and wraps.
Serve with mashed potato and coleslaw.