Poached eggs are easy once you know how! Follow these tips for success ...
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vinegar
- Fill a pot with about 5 centimetres of water. Bring the water to a gentle simmer.
- Add the vinegar to the water (this helps the egg keep its shape).
- One at a time, break eggs into a saucer or shallow cup. Then slide the egg into the water.
- As soon as the water starts simmering again, turn off the heat and put the lid on the pot.
- Wait about 2 minutes, or until egg whites are firm. If you like a firm yolk rather than a runny yolk, wait for about 5 minutes.
- Lift the eggs out of water with a slotted spoon. Drain well and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Serve on wholegrain toast with freshly-ground black pepper or a spoonful of your favourite relish.