These potato cakes are a healthy and tasty alternative to fried hash browns for a weekend brunch treat. The kids will love them too!
- 6 medium potatoes
- 1 onion
- 1/4 cup grated cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Spray an oven tray with a little oil spray.
- Peel and grate the potatoes. Put them in a clean tea towel and squeeze out as much water as you can from the potatoes. Transfer to a mixing bowl.
- Thinly slice the onion and add to the bowl with the grated cheese, paprika and salt. Mix well.
- For each potato cake spoon 2 heaped tablespoons of the mixture onto a baking tray. Flatten each one gently with the back of a spoon.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove the tray from the oven and flip the potato cakes over using a spatula. Bake for a further 20 minutes or until golden brown.