This easy and filling recipe can be made in one pot.
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tabespoons oil
- 1 tespoon curry powder
- 2 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 4 cups water
- 1.3 kg whole mussels
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 3-4 bunches bok choy, thinly sliced (leaves and stems separated)
- 125 grams vermicelli noodles
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- Heat oil in a large pot and cook onion until soft.
- Add curry powder and cook briefly.
- Add tomato sauce, stock cube, water, mussels and carrots.
- Cover and cook until mussels have opened.
- Stir in the stems of bok choy and noodles, pushing the noodles to the bottom of the pot.
- Cover and cook for 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Add the bok choy leaves. Cover and cook for a further 1 minute.
- Remove from heat, pour over lemon juice and serve.