Super simple and perfect for the lunchbox. No need to follow the recipe exactly - use whatever vegetables you have on hand.
- 2 cups macaroni
- 2 courgettes, grated
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 cup grated cheese
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 cup low-fat milk
- Heat the oven to 180°C.
- Cook pasta by following the instructions on the packet. Drain and rinse in cold water.
- Lightly grease a 12-hole medium muffin tray.
- Mix together cooked pasta, grated courgette, carrot and about 3/4 cup grated cheese in a large bowl.
- Divide the mixture evenly across the greased muffin tins.
- Whisk together eggs and milk in a large jug. Add a little black pepper, to taste. Pour egg mixture evenly over the vegetable mixture.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until cooked through and golden.
- Stand in the tin for a few minutes before running a knife around the outside of each frittata and lifting out.
- Tasty hot or cold.
- Try different vegetable combinations, for example, frozen peas or corn, chopped red or green pepper, grated kūmara or grated pumpkin.
- For a change try with canned tuna or salmon, chopped ham or chopped cooked chicken.