These mini meat loaves are great for the lunch box. Easy to eat on their own or put inside a bread roll - a nice change from sandwiches.
- 450 grams sausage meat
- 500 grams lean mince
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 tablespoons tomato sauce, or sweet chilli sauce
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons low-salt soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried mixed herbs
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup tomato-based pasta sauce
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix together sausage meat and mince with clean wet hands.
- Add onion, tomato sauce, egg, rolled oats, soy sauce, frozen vegetables and mixed herbs. Mix well.
- Season mixture with freshly ground black pepper.
- If the mixture is too wet, add some more rolled oats to bind it.
- Spray muffin tins with a little cooking oil. Use small muffin tins rather than the larger Texan muffin tins.
- Spoon mixture into muffin tins. Divide evenly between tins. Gently press down with the back of a spoon so mixture is firm in the tins.
- Cook for about 20 to 25 minutes until cooked through and no longer pink in the middle.
- While hot, spoon a small amount of pasta sauce over each mini meat loaf. Allow to cool before serving.
Mini meat loaves will freeze for up to 3 months - handy to take out of the freezer for lunches.