Great as a quick dinner or cold in the lunchbox the next day. We've suggested our favourite fillings, but use your imagination to come up with new, tasty combinations.
- 8 tortillas, wraps or burritos
- 1 can whole kernel corn
- 1 can chilli bean
- 1 cup grated cheese
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 red onion, chopped
- Preheat a non-stick frying pan or sandwich press.
- Top four of the tortillas with the chilli beans, corn (drained), chopped tomato, red onion and grated cheese.
- Cover with remaining tortillas (to make a tortilla sandwich).
- Spray frying pan with a little oil.
- Cook tortillas one at a time in frying pan. Cook on one side for 2 or 3 minutes, then turn gently with a spatula and cook the other side for another 2 or 3 minutes, or until fillings are hot and cheese has melted. Repeat with other tortillas.
- Alternatively, place tortilla sandwiches one at a time in a heated sandwich press and cook for 3 minutes.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes.
- Cut each tortilla into four wedges (or smaller pieces for smaller kids). Eat and enjoy!