Delicious summer vegetables and meatballs roasted together - a one dish wonder!
- 500 grams beef mince
- 2 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- 2 eggplants, diced
- 2 onions, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 1/2 cups tomatoes, diced
- 2 courgettes, diced
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 4 pita pockets (optional)
- Heat oven to 200°C.
- Mix the mince, tomato sauce and breadcrumbs together, season with salt and pepper.
- Shape the mixture into balls and refrigerate while preparing other ingredients.
- Put the eggplant, onions, and garlic in a large roasting dish.
- Add the oil and toss the vegetables to coat.
- Roast the vegetables in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Take the roasting vegetables out of oven and mix the tomatoes, courgettes and vinegar.
- Place meatballs on top of the vegetables.
- Return to the oven and cook for a further 20 minutes.
- Serve the meatballs and ratatouille with warmed pita pockets (optional).