Everyone loves meatballs! Stuff pita pockets with these meatballs and salad for a tasty dinner or lunchbox idea.
- 500 grams lean mince, both beef or pork mince work well
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon low-salt soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sweet chilli sauce, or tomato paste or sauce
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 carrot, grated
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Mix together all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Shape into balls, using damp clean hands.
- Bake in the oven. Place meatballs on oven tray or roasting dish. Bake for 20 minutes or until cooked through (meatballs are cooked when no longer pink in the middle).
- Stuff tortilla wraps or pita pockets with meatballs and salad.
Tip: to speed up the cooking time you can cook these meatballs in the microwave. Place a layer of meatballs in a microwave-safe dish with lid, or cover with glad wrap. Cook on HIGH for 2 minutes, turn over and cook for another 2 minutes or until cooked through.
These meatballs are great for a shared plate with tasty dipping sauce.