Make a little bit of lamb mince go a long way with these tasty patties.
- 2 medium kūmara, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 1 teaspoon crushed ginger
- 300 grams lamb mince
- 1 red capsicum, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 handful parsley, chopped (optional)
- flour, for dusting the patties
- Bring a large pot of water to the boil. Add kūmara and cook for 10 minutes, or until soft enough to mash.
- Drain the kūmara and mash well.
- Heat half the oil in a frying pan over a medium heat. Add the onion, garlic and ginger and cook for three minutes.
- Add the lamb mince and break up with a wooden spoon. Cook for about five minutes or until the lamb is cooked.
- Stir through the capsicum, soy sauce and parsley (if using). Cook for another two minutes then take off the heat.
- Add the lamb mix to the kūmara and stir until combined. Shape mixture into six large patties. Dust with flour.
- Heat the remaining oil in the frying pan over a medium heat. Cook patties for three minutes each side, or until golden brown.
These patties make delicious homemade burgers, or are great served with a salad for a quick dinner.