A tasty breakfast or lunch idea using the classic Kiwi vegetable - kūmara. Make the night before and you are ready to go in the morning.
2 large kūmara (about 400 grams)
1/2 cup low-fat milk
ground black pepper
1/2 cup grated cheese
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Scrub the kūmara and pierce the skin with a fork a few times. Microwave on HIGH for 3 minutes or until soft.
- Cut kūmara into cubes.
- Spray a Texas (large-sized) muffin tin with a little cooking spray and divide kūmara evenly between the muffin tins.
- In a bowl, beat together the eggs, milk and pepper.
- Pour the egg mixture over kūmara (dividing it evenly).
- Sprinkle the cheese on top and bake for 20 minutes or until set in the middle.
Try adding different ingredients depending on what you have on hand, such as chopped tomatoes, chopped ham, corn (frozen or creamed corn), spring onions, frozen peas, or fresh herbs.