Served warm or cold, this tasty and filling salad is sure to be popular in your house.
- 4 medium kūmara, cooked and cut into cubes
- 2 yellow bananas, sliced
- 4 spring onions, sliced
- 2 celery stalks, sliced (optional)
- 1/2 cup unsalted peanuts(optional)
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- Black pepper to season
- In a bowl mix together lemon juice, banana, kūmara, spring onion, celery and peanuts.
- To make the salad dressing mix together sour cream, mayonnaise, curry powder and black pepper.
- Carefully stir the dressing through the kūmara mixture.
- To serve, put the salad in a large bowl.
The kūmara can be boiled, baked or steamed. You can cook the kumāra the day before making the salad.
It is best to use firm bananas, rather than very ripe or soft ones.