A New Zealand classic that hasn't gone out of fashion. Great for summer, but just as good using frozen beans any other time.
- 2 cups sliced green beans
- 1 can 4 bean mix, drained and rinsed
- 1 can chick peas, drained and rinsed
- 1 capsicum, diced
- 1/2 red onion, finely diced
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 2 tbsp oil
- Bring a saucepan of water to the boil and cook the green beans for 2 minutes.
- Drain and cool under cold running water, set aside.
- In a large salad bowl, mix together the canned mixed beans, chickpeas, capsicum, red onion, parsley and green beans, vinegar and oil.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.