Grating all of the ingredients for this Moroccan-style salad is a great time saver! Try serving it at your next barbeque or in homemade burgers.
- 2 beetroot, peeled and grated
- 3 large carrots, grated
- 2 apples, grated
- Juice of one orange
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Toss grated beetroot, carrots and apples in a large bowl.
- In a separate small bowl mix the orange juice, oil, paprika and ground cumin. Make sure there are no lumps of spices in the dressing.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss to combine.
Try adding other vegetables such as celery, thinly sliced cabbage or lettuce to make the salad go further.
Adding nuts and seeds provide extra crunch and flavour to the salad.