A tasty sweet treat! These truffles also make a good Christmas gift. Whip them up, roll them up, wrap them up, give them away!
- 1 cup dried apricots
- 1 cup raisins, or sultanas
- 1 cup walnut pieces
- 2 large tablespoons cocoa
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 2 tablespoons desiccated coconut
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence, or the grated rind of 1 orange
- Roughly chop apricots. Place in a microwave-proof bowl with raisins and microwave on HIGH for about 30 seconds.
- Place all the ingredients in a food processor and whiz until the mixture is sticky. Don't over mix, as the mixture will become wet, making the truffles more difficult to roll.
- Roll the mixture into balls (about 1 tablespoon at a time). Use cold, damp hands to roll.
- Roll each truffle in cocoa, chocolate hail, or coconut.
- Store in the fridge.