A family favourite. Use any fresh, canned or stewed fruit you have on hand.
- 3 cups fresh or canned fruit (about two 410 gram cans)
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup wholemeal flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon mixed spice
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 100 grams margarine
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
- Drain fruit and place in an over-proof dish.
- To make the crumble topping mix rolled oats, flour, brown sugar, mixed spice, cinnamon and margarine together so it forms a crumb mixture (there should be no big lumps of margarine).
- Top fruit with crumble mixture.
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes until the top is golden brown and crunchy.
- Adding 1/2 cup dried fruit such as sultanas, chopped dates or apricots to the fruit.
- Adding 1/4 cup chopped walnuts or 1/4 cup coconut to the crumble topping.
- Using canned fruit in juice or with no added sugar.