You can use any fresh fruit or combination of fruit to make this baby purée. Choose fruit that's in season and it will be cheaper.
- Fresh fruit (choose 2 different fruits)
- Breast milk or formula
Some good combinations of fruit include:
- Apple and pear
- Banana and pear
- Peach and apricot
- Plum and apple
- Rhubarb and apple
- Peach apple and pear
- Mango and apple
- Peach and mango
- Peel the fruit.
- Slice or chop into small pieces, removing seeds and core.
- Add fruit to a pot of boiling water.
- Boil until soft.
- Drain off the water.
- Mash with a potato masher. Or blend in a food processor or blender until smooth
- Stir through enough breast milk or formula to make a smooth purée.
- Freeze leftover purée in ice cube trays.
If puréed until very smooth, this recipe can be fed to a baby when starting solid foods at around 6 months.