A tasty after-school snack or lunch. Use any combination of your favourite fillings. We have shared our favourites, but get creative and invent your own!
- 4 large potatoes, or kūmara, scrubbed
- Your choice of fillings: 1 tin creamed corn or baked beans, a handful sliced ham and 1 small tin crushed pineapple (drained), or 1/2 cup tomato relish
- 1/2 cup grated edam cheese
- Scrub potato or kūmara. Pierce each potato or kūmara with a fork a few times.
- Microwave whole, unpeeled potatoes/kūmara on HIGH power for 3 to 4 minutes per potato/kūmara (they are cooked when soft to touch).
- Allow to cool for a few minutes.
- Cut each cooked potato/kūmara in half. Scoop out the flesh and put in a medium-sized bowl.
- Mash potato/kūmara with your choice of fillings.
- Scoop filling back into potato/kūmara skins and sprinkle with grated cheese.
- Microwave the filled potatoes/kūmara for a few minutes until hot.