This tasty curry takes a little while to cook but it's well worth the effort. For an extra flavour burst, replace canned tomatoes for fresh when in season.
1 tablespoon oil
1 onion, diced
Thumb sized piece of ginger, finely chopped
1 clove garlic, finey chopped
1 can chopped tomatoes
1/2 teaspoon ground tumeric
1 teaspoon ground coriander
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon finely diced chilli
- Cut the eggplant into 1 centrmentre cubes.
- Heat the oil in a large pan. Add the onion, ginger and garlic and cook until the onion is soft.
- Add the eggplant and continue to cook for 5 minutes until the eggplant begins to soften.
- Stir in the tomatoes, tumeric, coriander, cumin and chiil. Continue to cook for a further 10 minutes until some of the liquid starts to evaporate.
- Add extra spice or chilli if you like extra flavour in your curry.
- Serve with cooked rice.