Here's a filling snack packed with energy that is good to eat and good for your family. And these only take minutes to make.
1 large ripe banana, mashed
3/4 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup wholemeal flour
1/4 cup sultanas (or any chopped dried fruit)
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 tablespoon melted honey (or use golden syrup)
oil spray for greasing baking tray
- Heat oven to 175C
- Grease a baking tray with oil spray
- In a large bowl mix all ingredients together
- Divide mixture into 12 equal amounts onto the baking tray and flatten slightly with a fork
- Bake for about 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned and slightly firm
- Allow to cool
- Keep in a tin or sealed container for up to five days (in warm weather, keep them in the fridge).
Make these to your taste by using your family's favourite spice (eg. ground ginger or mixed spice) and dried fruit.
These treats are perfect when kids are hungry or need some energy to keep them going.
Pop one or two in their lunchboxes.