This super-easy pasta bake makes a great weekday family meal.
- 3 cups pasta (penne, macaroni or spirals work best)
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 broccoli, chopped
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 large can tuna in water, drained
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 teaspoons mustard (optional)
- 3 cups warm milk
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup grated cheese
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Bring a large pot of water to the boil. Cook pasta by following the directions on the packet. When pasta has 3 minutes of cooking remaining, place broccoli in pot with pasta to cook. Drain pasta and broccoli, transfer to a large baking dish and set aside.
- Heat a non-stick pan and spray with a little oil.
- Add the flour and mustard and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Gradually add the milk, stirring constantly to make a smooth sauce.
- Add peas, corn and tuna to the pan. Mix well and cook for a few minutes.
- Pour the sauce mixture into the baking dish and mix well.
- Sprinkle breadcrumbs and cheese on top. This will create a crunchy topping kids will love!
- Cook in oven for 15 minutes or until crispy and golden on top. Yum!