A great way of using up courgettes and carrots in a tasty family meal.
- 125 grams dry fettuccine pasta
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 4 courgettes, cut into ribbons
- 2 carrots, cut into ribbons
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk
- 1 cup grated cheese
- In a large pot bring approximately 5 litres of water to the boil.
- Add pasta and stir to stop it sticking.
- Boil for 10 minutes, then drain and set aside in a bowl.
- Place the empty pot back on the stove and add oil and garlic. Cook briefly.
- Add courgette and carrot and cook over high heat, stirring for 1 minute.
- Add evaporated milk and bring to a boil.
- Add drained pasta and cheese and stir through.
- Season with salt and pepper (optional).