This hearty meal is filling and quick to prepare. The perfect dinner on a cold winter night.
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 teaspoons crushed garlic
- 500 grams beef mince
- 1 red capsicum, sliced
- 1 can chopped tomatoes, drained
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground corriander
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 can kidney beans, drained
- 1/2 cup liquid beef stock
- Heat oil in a frying pan over a medium heat. Add onion and garlic and cook for five minutes or until onions are golden.
- Stir in mince and cook for a further five minutes or until cooked through.
- Add capsicum, tomatoes, cumin, corriander, tomato paste, kidney beans and stock. Bring to the boil and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Serve chilli con carne with rice or crusty bread and a salad.