Try this easy vegetarian baby food recipe using canned chickpeas.
- 1 kūmara
- 1 can chickpeas
- Breast milk or formula
- Peel and chop the kūmara into one centimetre pieces.
- Drain the chickpeas and rinse well.
- Cook chickpeas and kūmara in boiling water until soft.
- Mash or purée in a food processor or blender.
- Stir through enough breast milk or formula to make a smooth purée.
- Freeze leftover cooled purée in ice cube trays.
If puréed until very smooth, this recipe can be fed to a baby when starting solid foods at around 6 months.