These cauliflower fritters will become a family favourite - and a tasty way to get veggies into kids. Serve warm with our tasty yoghurt sauce. Also good for lunchboxes and snacks.
- 1/2 a cauliflower, chopped into small pieces
- 1/2 cup frozen peas or corn
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 eggs
- Oil spray for cooking
- 1/2 cup natural yoghurt
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander or mint, chopped
- Bring a large pot of water to the boil.
- Add the cauliflower and boil for 5 minutes.
- Add the frozen vegetables and boil for another 5 minutes.
- Drain the vegetables and mash lightly with a fork.
- In a large bowl and mix together the flour, cumin, coriander and turmeric.
- Whisk in the eggs and vegetables. If batter is too wet, add a little more flour.
- Heat non-stick fry pan over a medium heat. Spray pan with a little oil.
- Spoon mixture into pan to form fritters (about two tablespoons per fritter).
- Cook fritters until golden brown on both sides and cooked through.
- To make the sauce - mix together the natural yoghurt, garlic and fresh coriander or mint.