This Indian inspired vegetarian curry carries a flavour punch. Serve with lentils or rice. When in season replace canned tomatoes with fresh.
1 onion, diced
1 tablespoon oil
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 tablespoon fresh ginger, finely chopped
1 teaspoon cumin seeds
1 teaspoon ground tumeric
1 teaspoon chilli, finely chopped
2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 tablespoon curry powder
1/2 cup water
1/2 cauliflower, cut into florets
- Peel the potatoes and cut into cubes.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan. Add and stir in the garlic, ginger and cumin seeds for 2 minutes.
- Add the onion and stir until the onion is soft.
- Add the potatoes, tumeric, chilli, ground cumin, curry powder and water. Cover and cook for 10 minutes until the potatoes are starting to soften.
- Mix in the cauliflower and cook for a further 10 minutes until the potatoes are soft and the cauliflower tender.
- Serve with rice or lentils.