Choose any combination of canned fruit in light juice or syrup to make this baby purée. No cooking required!
- Canned fruit (choose 1 or 2 different fruits)
- Breast milk or formula
Some good combinations include:
- Apple and pear
- Peach and apricot
- Plum and apple
- Peach and pear
- Fruit salad
- Mango and apple
- Peach and mango
- Drain the liquid from the fruit and pour the liquid down the sink.
- Mash fruit with a potato masher and push through a sieve. Or purée in a food processor or blender until smooth.
- Stir in enough breast milk or formula to make a smooth purée.
- Freeze leftover purée in ice cube trays.
If puréed until very smooth, this recipe can be fed to a baby when starting solid foods at around 6 months.