Fun and brightly coloured dip. A great addition to any celebration.
- 1 can whole baby beetroot (450g), drained
- 1 can chickpeas (420 gram can), drained and rinsed
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 cup plain unsweetened low-fat yoghurt
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- Place the beetroot, chickpeas, garlic and cumin in a food processor and whizz until smooth.
- Add the yoghurt to the bowl and pulse briefly until it is well mixed.
- Season with ground black pepper.
- Refrigerate the dip until serving.
- Serve with toasted pita triangles and vegetable sticks.
Store leftovers in a covered container in the fridge and use within a few days.
Thick yoghurt gives a better texture.