A quick and easy beef and broccoli stir-fry, only 20 minutes from pan to plate.
- 500 grams beef, sliced thinly
- 1 teaspoon ginger, peeled and grated
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon vinegar (cider or white)
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 carrots, finely sliced
- 1 head broccoli, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 tablespoon cornflour
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 chilli, sliced and seeds removed (optional)
- Mix the beef with the ginger, garlic, soy sauce and vinegar.
- Heat the oil in a wok or large frying pan and stir-fry the onions until soft.
- Add the beef and continue to cook until brown.
- Add the carrots and broccoli, cook until tender.
- Mix the cornflour and water.
- Slowly add to the pan stirring constantly until the sauce thickens.
Serve with rice and sliced chilli.