This tasty dip is filling and hearty. Serve with fresh crusty bread and vegetable sticks for an easy snack.
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons crushed garlic
- 1 cup frozen corn kernals
- 1 can chopped tomatoes in juice
- 1 tablespoon chilli powder (optional)
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- pinch salt
- 2 cans kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- Heat oil in a saucepan on medium heat.
- Add onions and cook for 3 minutes until soft and golden.
- Add the garlic, corn and tomatoes and cook until the corn has thawed and any excess liquid from the tomatoes has simmered away.
- Stir in the spices and salt.
- Stir in the beans, using the spoon to smash the beans against the bottom and sides of the pan.
- Continue stirring and smashing until the beans are partly mashed.
- Serve with toast slices, vegetable sticks or tortilla chips.
Try this tasty snack as a spread on sandwiches or rolled up in a wrap with some salad.