Barbecuing is an easy kiwi way to cook fish in summer. Look out for fresh fish specials at the supermarket.
- 4 fresh fish fillets
- oil for cooking
- your choice of seasoning e.g lemon juice and zest, dried chilli flakes, fresh or dried herbs, paprika or cajun spice
- tin foil (optional)
- Preheat barbeque to medium-high heat.
- Spray or brush barbeque plate or grill with a little cooking oil.
- Rub fish with seasoning.
- Cook fish fillets for approximately 2-3 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
- Serve with BBQ summer vegetables.
- To stop flakey fish from falling apart, wrap in a tin foil parcel and cook for 10 minutes or until fish is cooked through.
- For more flavour, leave fish to marinate in seasoning for approximately 20 minutes before cooking. Marinate fish in a non-metal bowl in the fridge. Be careful not to marinate fish for too long in lemon juice as the lemon's acidity will cook the fish.