Here's a great recipe for chicken and corn that can be done on the BBQ or in the oven.
- 8 chicken drumsticks
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano or thyme
- 4 corn cobs, with husks on
- Place the chicken in a bowl and mix with oil, lemon zest and juice, herbs, salt and pepper. Allow to marinade in the fridge for at least 30 minutes or overnight.
- With scissors, cut the loose end of the corn husk off.
- Soak the corn cobs with the husks on in water for 5-10 minutes before placing on barbeque.
- Barbeque the corn on all sides until beginning to blacken all over.
- Remove from barbeque and peel the husks and silks off.
- Meanwhile cook the chicken drumsticks on the barbeque as well, turning often to avoid burning.
- Continue to cook until thoroughly cooked.
- Heat oven to 180C.
- Place marinated chicken drumsticks on a roasting dish and roast for 45 minutes or until cooked through.
- At the same time place the soaked corn cobbs (with husks still on) on a rack in oven and roast for 45 minutes.
- Once cooked, peel the husks off the corn and serve with the chicken.