Looking for tasty snack ideas that will keep your family fuelled? The best snacks are often ones made using food you have at home.
Here are some low-cost, easy snacks:
- toasted sandwich
- pottle of yoghurt
- crumpets or wheat biscuits spread with peanut butter
- hard-boiled egg
- sandwich or filled roll
- leftover cooked vegetables, such as potato, kumara or taro
- fruit eg, apple, banana, pear, orange
- rice wafers and low-fat cheese
- dried fruit and nuts (raw, unsalted nuts are best)
- choc-banana smoothie.