Everyone likes to save money when doing the grocery shopping. With these simple tips, you can get more for your money and make the family budget go further.
- Don’t go shopping when you’re hungry – otherwise you will buy food you want to eat now
- Shop with a list – this helps stop temptation to buy other items that catch your eye
- Check out the meat and cheese specials. Often different meats are on special each week
- Buy fresh fruit and vegetables that are in season and grown in New Zealand
- Buy vegetables that keep fresh for longer
- Choose no-frills or plain brands, or look for brands on special
- Buy rolled oats, wheat biscuits or puffed rice instead of fancy breakfast cereals.