Many people feel like something sweet after a meal, but desserts don’t need to be high in sugar and fat to be tasty.
Dessert can also be a great way to get the family eating more fruit and dairy products.
Check out our top five dessert ideas that taste good and are good for you.
- Fruit salad - a great way to use up fruit that needs eating. Simply peel and chop any fruit you like. Add drained canned fruit to bulk the fruit salad up if you need.
- Fruity rice pudding – a filling and creamy dessert that’s perfect for the winter months. Cold leftovers make a tasty breakfast too!
- Fruit crumble – this will soon become a family favourite. Serve warm with yoghurt.
- One ingredient ice cream - creamy and delicious!
- Healthy ambrosia – a delicious fruit and yoghurt dessert with a tasty marshmallow twist.