There are lots of ways you can make good choices about the snacks you and your family eat. These tips will help you swap for snacks that are just as tasty but better for you.
- potato chippies, choose flavoured rice crackers or make popcorn
- fruit leathers, choose homemade fruit salad (just chop up whatever fruit is in season)
- cake or muffins, choose popcorn sprinkled with cinnamon
- flavoured dairy food, choose low-fat yoghurt
- ice blocks, choose chopped fruit that has been frozen (grapes or pineapple are delicious!)
- sausage rolls, choose crackers with avocado and sliced tomato
- pastries or mini pies, choose mini frittatas
- corn chips, choose raw sliced vegetables with hummus.