Need inspiration for school lunch boxes? It’s not fun rushing around in the morning trying to find food kids will eat.
The good news is you can easily put together items that are tasty and good for your kids. Here are some lunch box ideas to try:
- Leftover roast vegetables such as potato, pumpkin or kumara - a hot favourite even when cold
- Corn on the cob - did you know you can cook it in the microwave?
- Leftover fritters - there are lots of quick recipes on this site (search for fritters)
- Stuffed pita pockets - use your favourite combination of fillings
- Mini pasta frittatas - easy and really tasty
- Mini meat loaves or Meatballs - extra tasty when put inside a bread roll
- Pita bread pizzas - always popular
- Pinwheel rolls - make these on Sunday ready for Monday's lunch box.