Did you know frozen and canned fruit and vegetables are as good for you as fresh fruit and vegetables?
- Frozen and canned fruit and vegetables are packaged soon after picking and are high in vitamins.
- They make a quick addition to family meals with most of the chopping and washing done for you.
- Frozen and canned fruit and vegetables are easy to store and great value for money with little or no wastage.
- They allow us to eat fruit and vegetables that are out of season at lower cost.
- Try adding frozen vegetables to pastas or stews.
- Canned fruit is great on top of cereal or as a delicious dessert.
- Try canned fruit in ‘lite’ juice instead of syrup and vegetables with ‘no added salt'.